About the Board
The SA Health and Community Services Skills Board Inc is a bipartite, not-for-profit, autonomous incorporated associaton which is;
- Industry lead
- Structured separately from any body such as a Registered Training Organisation or Australian Apprenticeship Centre that could lead to a real, or perceived conflict of interest; and
- Comprises members that genuinely represent the interests of the industry parties, employer and employee, relevant to the industry sector
- Committed to providing high quality, relevent industry advice on workforce development issues
The SA Health and Community Services Industry Skills Board is recognised by our industry stakeholders as providing leadership and direction which guide state government and industry decisions and investment in the attraction, development and retention of the sectors workforce.
The Health & Community Services sector has a skilled, highly motivated and well managed workforce which is available in sufficient numbers to meet the needs of the South Australian Community .
Our Industry Coverage
- Community Services
- Correctional Services
Strategic Aims 2008-2011
- That SA health and community services organisations are informed, equipped and utilise good workforce design and development practices.
- That there is accurate industry intelligence collected regarding current and emerging workforce priorities and that this information is accessible and communicated to government and industry.
- That careers structures in the health and community services sector produce employment outcomes reponsive to the needs of both workers and industry.
- That the supply and quality of training meets the needs of industry.
- That the Skills Board is a participative and representative organisation that is responsive to industry, responsibly managed, financially sound and contractually compliant.
To view the SA Health and Community Services Skills Board Strategic Plan 2008-2011 please click here.
The Board consists of five Union representatives and five Employer representatives.
The Board members are elected annually at the AGM. The current Board was elected at the AGM held on 09 October 2007. The Board membership has a wealth of experience and has an excellenct knowledge of the sector.
Our Team Members